Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Is Honesty The Best Policy?

Boa Tarde!

This is the first official post on "Crasslist." I transferred the previous posts from "Craigs Loss" over, so they don't quite count as fresh. Think of them as day-old bread from the bakery or slightly ripe bananas from the supermarket. They're still edible, but don't let them sit for too much longer. 

Anyway, here's a pretty solid Craigslist ad (I'm pretty sure you can click on the image, where it will appear bigger and in a new window):







It's actually a fairly well-written ad. It uses descriptive language. The poster has a quasi-decent grasp on how to use HTML codes, at least those used for Craigslist. It's not overly cluttered. Robin Williams (the web designer, not the comedian/actor) would be proud.

 My only gripe is near the end of the post. They should have included the word "is" in the sentence, "I would prefer a location easily accessible by SEPTA and affordable/safe." It should read, "I would prefer a location easily accessible by SEPTA and is affordable/safe." But I'm not going to judge them...much.

One more thing you should know...

...I posted that ad.

Is it self-serving to critique my own ad using such a shameless ruse? Possibly. I hope this doesn't damage my credibility with my readers (of which I have so many :P). This is quite likely the last time I'll do something like that. But since it's my own blog, giving me creative control, I figured it wouldn't hurt...just this once. The ad is true, by the way. I am looking for a different housing situation. Contact me only if you can handle my awesomeness.

Until next time...

1 comment:

ShareThis